Lori Eldridge's Statement of Faith
I have been a Christian since 1982 and was saved through Hal Lindsey's Late Great Planet Earth. Knowing that Christ loved me, even with all my faults brought me to my knees. Shortly thereafter a neighbor invited me to go to Calvary Chapel. I had been raised in a cult as a child so studied Bible Doctrine, Bible Prophecy and all the cults for the next 20 years while attending Calvary Chapel, not wanting to ever get caught up in false teaching again.
Therefore, I have spent most of my Christian years in ministry witnessing to those in cults, or those who have been lied to and confused by regular churches or false prophets. I also spent 7 years on different mailing lists witnessing to ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, athiests, etc., and one of my favorite pastimes has been to solve so-called contradictions in the Bible. I set up Endtime Prophets so I could compare what the scripture says with the teachings of false prophets and other false teachers leading the sheep astray.
While at Calvary Chapel I also took a care giver class and became a certified "Stephen Minister" (one-on-one counselor for those going through a crisis). I was also trained to lead a support group for abused women, and was a worship leader with my guitar for small groups for 8 years. I also helped with Calvary Chapel's alternative to Halloween, the Hallelujah Party, and was the costumer for 2 Passion Plays, with about 30 characters each, while at Calvary.
I attended Forth Memorial's church for awhile. I had just graduated from Fourth Memorial's Evangelism class when they started promoting an Ecumenical group I had just critiqued on this site so I left there and attended Four-Square with a friend for awhile but left there when they distorted speaking in tongues. I also attended 2 different Messianic groups, but left the first one when the leader enforced Kashrut and the other wasn't much better. I currently attend a Baptist church but only because it's the only suitable church in town - not my choice.
I have taken spiritual gifts tests 3 times in 3 different churches. The first and last time resulted in the gifts of teaching and discernment. The third time I was told I had the Gift of Prophecy. I balked at that at first until I learned that this was one who upheld the Word of God. When I see someone distorting the Word of God I have a burning desire to do something about it. I also have a BA in English/Creative Writing with a focus on critiquing other's writing. So either way I'm qualified to critique false prophets.
I have written several in-depth Bible studies, including What Day of the Week was Christ Crucified? and Do all Infants Go to Heaven? and have also set up a website called Endtime Poetry, written by other Christians, that you might enjoy.
What I Believe
I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, even though there may be errors in translating the original scriptures to English or other languages. Our current modern Bibles may have minor errors they can still be trusted (if you compare scripture with scripture) because the Bible is written in such a way that you can't mistranslate one verse when the same doctrine or teaching is repeated throughout the bible. To purposely distort the Bible you would have to rewrite the whole thing like the Mormans or Jehovah's Witnesses.
Why I do not adhere to the KJV-Only TheoryAs you may have noticed, as the editor of this site, I do not normally use the KJV in my articles for several reasons:
- Because my favorite Thompson Chain Reference Bible is not written in the KJV.
- The KJV is too archaic and hard to understand.
- I utilize several Bible versions in my studies including the KJV.
- I am a writer and most publishers prefer the NIV
- The KJV does not match up with the book of Matthew originally written in Hebrew (leaves some text out and changes meaning of other words)
- The KJV is based on a later manuscript than the NIV, NASB, etc.
- I believe the KJV-Only Theory is extremely devisive and damaging to the body of Christ (for instance very few KJV apologists will link to Endtime Prophets just because I refuse to worship the KJV)
- The attacks from the KJV camp against all those who use anything other than the KJV (when there are more ancient Greek manuscripts available) are groundless and full of mistruths.
Here is a good study on comparing the different Bible versions and why they "appear" to contradict each other: Why I use the NIV Bible
I Believe in Original Sin
I believe that man was created perfect but that through Adam's sin all men (and women) are fallen and we need the saving Grace of Jesus Christ to wash away our sin through the blood he shed on the cross on our behalf.
I Believe in the Trinity
I believe in the Trinity--that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are all God and they are one God with separate persons, i.e., God is the Father, Jesus is the Son and the Holy Spirit is a person also. Jesus was born through the incarnation, sinless, and he never once sinned in his whole life and this was the reason he qualified to be the Savior of mankind when he died for our sins on the cross. After his death and burial I believe He rose again on the third day with a glorified body and is alive today in Heaven. I also believe he will come again for those who are His during the Rapture, which I believe will be PreTrib.
I Believe Grace is a gift from God
It is only through God's Grace because of our faith in Christ's death on the cross for our sins that we are saved and there is nothing we can do to earn that salvation, except believe.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not from youselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do " (Eph. 2:8,9).
I believe there can be nothing added onto beliving, such as believe and be baptised, i.e., water baptism, or believe and repent, i.e., express sorrow for sins, or believe and obey, i.e., follow commands of scripture, or believe and confess, i.e., make an altar call, etc. All of the forgoing are either misinterpreted or taken out of context when applied to salvation and are a form of what is called Lordship Salvation. NOTHING but belief in Christ as our Savior is necessary to qualify us as one of His kids. AFTER one believes then the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the believer and starts working in our lives convicting us of sin, the need to get baptised, etc.,--not before. Good works will result FROM a true saving faith AFTER one is saved.
I believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture
I believe that the Rapture can occur at any time (there are no propecies that need to be fulfilled before the rapture), and when this happens the Tribulation will start and after 7 years Christ will return to judge all those who have rejected him as Messiah. The way this world is heading that won't be too far off.
I believe in Eternal Salvation
I believe that when a believer is in sin they are out of fellowship with the Holy Spirit and their heart will eventually harden over which will lead to more error down the road unless they allow the Lord to work in their lives. I do not believe this means they can become unsaved however because I also believe in Eternal Security, i.e., Once-Saved-Always-Saved, so that even though a true believer strays at times, it does not affect their salvation status which Christ had already paid for when they first believed. All scriptures that are being used to prove otherwise have been taken out of context. Check Bob Wilkin's Grace in Focus newsletter for articles on this topic or similar articles on this site.
There's a lot more that I believe but you're probably as tired of reading this as I am of typing it, so this will have to do, and if not, feel free to ask.
© 2001 - Updated 6-37-17
All Rights Reserved
Great Bible Teachers:
- Chuck Missler's Koinonia House contains online versions of Chuck Missler's Personal Update articles on prophecy, current events, and practical Christian living.
- Dr. David Reagan - Lamb and Lion Ministries provides articles on the soon return of Jesus Christ.
- Hal Lindsey provides analysis of the current news and how it applies to Bible prophecy.
- Carl Kerby - Reasons for Hope formerly of Answers in Genesis, provides sound, biblical speakers leading people to Jesus Christ. Be sure and watch his video: "deBunked - No Evidence For God!"
- Charlie Garrett - The Superior Word has a weekly prophecy update and bible studies on youtube as well as on his website.
- Les Feldick has a weekly bible study on TV 5 days a week as well as bible studies in print and audio on his website Note: both Charlie Garrett and Les Feldick rightly divide the Scriptures regarding teachings directed to Israel vs the Church which most of the prophets/false teachers on this site ignore.
- Alan Horvath A great place to learn Aramaic Hebrew and also Paleo Hebrew (a study of the original meaning of the letters).